Saturday, July 24, 2010

So I thought that I would start blogging about our adventures on Jim's transplant road. This is a road of never ending appointments, unexpected testing, and unplanned challenges. And although this road is all of these things, there is a hope that at the end Jim will come out healthy.

As many of you may know, Jim is going through the pre-transplant medical process for a pancreas and a kidney. If he qualifies this would mean that Jim could live for many years without diabetes. It also means that he will be on a lifetime of anti-rejection medications, however this is nothing new since he is insulin dependent now. We have completed approximately 75% of the testing and are hoping to get listed sometime in September. This upcoming Monday, July 26 we have a cardiology appointment, get to meet our surgeon, and have more labs drawn. This cardiology appointment will involve an ECHO as well as stress test. We pray that these both come back with positive results and we can continue walking down our road without any more complications.

I will keep you posted on our results and any stops we have to make along the way.

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms

1 comment:

  1. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Diabetes totally sucks...having it for 22 years I should know. I'll be following your blog and your journey!! Good luck with everything and God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete