Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm All In!

The Poker tournament was this last Saturday night and it was such a blast!! Heather and Jared did a wonderful job hosting and I think everyone involved had fun! We can not thank them and everyone who came to support us enough! Sometimes I feel like a broken record but I can't say enough how blessed we are to have so many amazing people in our lives!

On the transplant front, we are still waiting patiently by our cell phones. They no longer give you pagers to carry around since we have grown into the "phone must be attached to my body at all times" era. I spoke with our case manager and she reports that we are still on the list and that I don't need to check in monthly, even though I really want to.

We have received the blood draw kits today that Jim needs to be doing monthly so he will go and take care of that tomorrow. It was by dumb luck that somewhere along the line I remembered them mentioning monthly blood draws, so I called the coordinator and she replied "oh, right...you aren't doing those...you need to do them." Sometimes I think that I need to carry a tape recorder with me everywhere so I can play conversations to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Hopefully the fact that we missed October's blood draw does not set Jim back.

Jim has a check up nephrology appointment next week so he will get the blood drawn for that appointment tomorrow as well. (if he wasn't anemic before he will be by the time he is done)

Prayer Requests: Jim continues to feel well. Prayers of thanks for such amazing support and friendship

Bible Verse: "Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture." Psalm 100:3

No comments:

Post a Comment