Wednesday, September 1, 2010

That Stung A Little

Although we knew it was just a matter of time before we would get these results it still stings a bit to hear the numbers over the phone. As you may have gathered, not such great news from his labs today. Jim's creatinine level is up to 6.2 which is the highest it has ever been so we are now having to do a 24 hour test starting tomorrow morning and ending Friday morning. We call and get the results on Friday afternoon. This 24 hour test does not allow Jim to work so he will have to take off tomorrow and maybe the rest of the week depending on results. Pending what the labs look like we may need to be admitted to the hospital for emergency port placement and dialysis. This is definitely not the direction we were hoping to go this quickly.

On a side bar...

If I may just brag on my husband a little I would like everyone to know what a wonderful man he is.(especially those who have never met him) He never ceases to amaze me with his dedication and determination to win all of our struggles. He carries this cross with such integrity and silence that I am in constant awe. I am unsure if I would be able to find the strength to work if I were in kidney failure, and yet he finds such joy in helping his patients that I am humbled and I see myself wanting to emulate his compassion and love for others.
Sorry for the soap box, but I just sometimes feel that I get so caught up in reporting lab results and surgery outcomes that I forget to talk about what a truly remarkable man Jim is. This is just a small part of why I thank the Lord everyday for giving me my husband.

Prayer requests: 24 hour results are stable and we do not have to get admitted. That the Lord gives us strength and peace as we muddle our way through this next hurdle.

Bible Verse: I Chronicles 16:11 "Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always."

No comments:

Post a Comment