Thursday, December 2, 2010

Santa...I have one wish for Christmas.

I say one wish but it is realistically more like two or three.

First wish- Jim gets his transplant soon and he comes out healthy!
Second wish- If first wish doesn't come true quickly, then default to second wish, with wish being that Jim stays feeling decent through the holiday season.
Third wish- A wish for all my love to be carried to Minnesota this Christmas season since Jim and I can't be there in person!!

I hope my above wish list finds you all happy, healthy, and uncomfortably full from a joyous Thanksgiving. My parents were able to come down and spend a week with Jim and I so we were blessed beyond measure. I'm sure Jim secretly wishes that I took after my father in the kitchen, but sadly this is not so. (sorry Jim) We spent Thanksgiving day at our house with my parents and Jim's parents, with us all eating enough for 12 people. On Saturday we went up to Jim's parents home in Denison and had a large family get together... guns, pit bulls, and brisket... I reckon we initiated my parents into a Texas Thanksgiving properly!

Jim continues to feel decent. He is showing a little more fatigue lately, as such, he has decreased his work schedule down to 3 days a week instead of 4. It was not worth running his body down for one more day of work. Keeping himself healthy is now his other part time job! He has begun to have a few days of nausea here and there which we don't really know if it is related to his kidney failure or if he is fighting off a bug so we are trying to keep a log of those days. Jim's blood pressure is beginning to behave itself although it likes to throw us for a loop as soon as we get a little too comfortable. It is a constant battle that I plan on winning!

Although Jim is currently feeling alright, we have decided to not make the trip to MN this year for Christmas to see my family. There are many many "what if's" that could happen and right now we are not gambling people. As Jim likes to tell me "stay the course Kris." Well, we are going to do just that and stay home for Christmas. I will be eternally grateful to the inventors of Skype as this will be my first Christmas away from my family.

Prayer requests: Jim gets a successful transplant soon and comes out healthy. Everyone has a safe and happy Christmas season! Prayer of thanksgiving for our families! (we are truly blessed!!)

Bible verse: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you...therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33&34

No comments:

Post a Comment