Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hospital...not this weekend!!

Jim had his labs pulled again yesterday and they are holding. They were not as good as Monday with a creatinine level of 5.5 but stable enough she didn't want to admit us! Praise the Lord! I don't think she believes it herself because she wants him to get more labs next Wednesday. So, continued prayers for holding kidneys would be very much appreciated.

Although currently Jim's kidneys are trying to behave themselves, Jim's blood pressure is being a little bratty. Since the surgery on Monday it has decided that it no longer wants to stay in the 120/80 range. We spoke with the nephrologist yesterday and she wants us to just keep an eye on it and let her know what it is doing next week.She didn't seemed surprised by it's bad behavior. From what I understand the further down his kidneys go the more problems we will have with his blood pressure. This being said, Jim and I still do not appreciate any bad behavior from any of his organs or inner workings! If only I could do behavior modification on blood pressure- we would be back in line in no time. (:

Next week we have the last of his dental appointments, appointment with the dialysis surgeon, and more labs. Hopefully we will also find out if we were approved for the list by Monday afternoon. Based on Jim's tests results he should have been approved, but my faith in the paperwork system is a little lacking so I am trying to be optimistic that the correct forms made it into their hands!

Prayer Requests: Kidneys continue to hold for next weeks labs. We get approved for the list! Jim's blood pressure begins behaving itself!

Bible Verse: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped." Psalms 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment